Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hannah's Room (Before and After)

Two times we've tried to sell my cute little English tudor on Connie Road and two times we've been disappointed.  The last time the house was on the market (June-Oct. 2011) I went hard core on depersonalizing it.  I repainted everything a neutral color.  All the family pictures have been gone since the first time we put it on the market.  It was a shell of a home to me.  But since November 1, all that has been changing.   I actually feel like I've just moved in because I've had boxes and boxes of pictures and personal items that have been in storage that I got to put back out. 

A few years ago, I painted Hannah's room a light khaki color that would appeal to most potential buyers.  It was great for selling but not great for my only little girl. So this weekend we repainted Hannah's room.  Normally I would repaint it by myself and get it done fast while Jason was at work but this weekend I needed my protector husband's help desperately.  I had an accident while painting.  I was holding a half full gallon of paint in one hand, a paintbrush in the other while standing on a kitchen chair.  I guess I leaned a little too far to one side and fell or else the chair broke and I fell.  I decided not to catch myself and focus only on holding the paint gallon so that it wouldn't spill. That was a huge mistake!  It fell anyway and I got hurt-  my wrist, ankle, toes, hip and bottom hurt the worst.  I'm doing better 4 days later but am definitely feeling that fall.  I was so overwhelmed and scared when it happened because my mind just shut down.  I couldn't figure out how to clean up the paint without spreading it even more.  Jason was gone out with Andrew and Ethan and I was home with the two little ones.  I had to get Hannah to call Jason to come home to help me because I was crying so hard that I couldn't see. It broke my heart to see how scared Hannah was.  I heard her crying in the other room and praying to Jesus out loud for me.  It was so precious!  Thankfully, Jason was close by and sped home to help me.  I was covered from head to toe in paint, a lot of paint too.  He used a rug doctor and cleaned up all the paint and not a drop is left.  Whoohoo!  What a sweet husband I have.  I went to shower and rest and actually have taken a nap almost every day since the accident.  My body is taking a long time to recover from this. It could have been much worse.  No broken bones, just deep bruises and maybe a sprained wrist.  I am on the mend though and Hannah's got her little girl room back. 

We went back to the baby blue (almost ice blue) color that she had in her room when she was born.  She's been looking over her scrapbook lately and has decided that she would like me repaint Madeline and the Eiffel Tower back on the wall.   Remember this?

  Hannah was 6 months old here.   November 2005

The paint has dried, I'm healing and all that's left is my artistic touch to the wall.  Madeline and Genevieve her dog are going to be painted on the blank wall next to her closet.  Maybe I'll tackle that next weekend when Jason's home (at least I don't have to paint anything high this time).   

Hannah's khaki room.

Hannah - 6 1/2 years old- Jan. 2012

No comments: