Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Living room Before and After

With some extra money I had from selling my treadmill (see previous post) I was able to buy new living room drapes and wood blinds. I have been opposed to blinds over my living room window since we moved in seven years ago. Just recently I started warming up to the idea though. Since the house is on a hill and there is a big tree in the front yard covering this window, it was a not necessary to have blinds for privacy in that room. I also loved the sliding windows and didn't want to cover them up. The drawback is winter. With the couch in front of the window, it can get a little chilly there. So I opted to try to out blinds and new drapes to help remedy that. Here are my before and after pictures. The after picture was taken on a gloomy, rainy Monday and the room looks similar to what it would at dusk but I still love the hominess to it.


Before

After

No comments: