Friday, February 03, 2012

Polar Opposites

The polar opposites at my house are my front and backyard. Front yard looks like it should during winter: dormant. The backyard did NOT get the memo to be dormant. Just look at it! The new seed came in in abundance! It was so tall that I actually measured it at 9 inches tall. Time to mow. Yuk! I mowed it last in November but today I was forced to pull out the lawnmower again and mow it down. I mowed on February 3! I could have mowed in January but just plain refused. Since it was such a pretty day, I cleaned off the red umbrella and put it back at the table. So now it looks like late spring or even early summer out there. If that groundhog is right, I might have snow on my green grass soon. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

The front yard



Looks like summer!

The backyard after mowing.

No comments: