Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy birthday to me

After saving my birthday money for over a month and a half, I decided that I wanted to spent it on a new grill. Our old one had broken years ago and we'd been grilling out on a small Coleman camping grill. It was just the right size to cook for this family of 6 but if we ever wanted to host a true cook-out, we'd need a "grown-up" grill. Jason reviewed grills and smokers and found this one by Char-Griller with rave reviews that was both. We've cooked out 3 times this week alone and we've only had it 4 days. I have found that I like grilling because it cuts down on washing dishes. Anything to stop the 3 loads a day. That's what happens in this family of 6 that eats all 3 meals at home. I'm getting better at grilling too. My first meal was a peppercorn rubbed pork tenderloin and the second was cheeseburgers. Yum. Yum. I also have fish on the menu to grill too this week. Sounds yummy to my tummy.

No comments: