Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ivy Wall

Pinterest strikes again. I saw an ivy wall trained to grow up a house wall in diamond shapes. It got me thinking about my south side of the house on the garage wall. I could also train ivy to grow up my wall in shapes. Earlier this summer, I planted ivy up against the north and south sides of the house. I learned that the sun was too strong on the south side. Even with consistent watering and shade from my Dogwood tree, the ivy did not flourish on the south side.

One day, I noticed the tremendous growth of ivy on the north side of the house. I had heard this phrase about ivy growth. The 1st year it sleeps, the 2nd year it creeps and the 3rd year it leaps. I was so excited to see how much it'd grown that I decided to make an ivy wall on the north side instead.

Here was my Pinterest inspiration. It has lots of ivy in small diamond shapes which was too detailed for my taste and time. .


Here is my ivy wall. It was just planted so it's a little puny today. But just you wait and see; one day it will look great.

No comments: