Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving home tour

I adore fall decorating in my home, always have. Each year, I add another little piece to my arsenal of fall trinkets. Since my extended family is out of town and doesn't visit us, I thought I'd share what my little Connie Road home looks like this year.

We'll start outside at the front door. My newest addition this year were the pumpkin topiaries that I made. I found the pumpkins and garland at Hobby Lobby. Aren't they the best? They've even held up well in the rain.









 In September and October, I have a Welcome Autumn flag that greets you in the front bed but in November, my little turkey greets you as you walk up the steps.


Once inside, you have my shelf on the right wall with turkeys now, but in September and October, there were pumpkins there.
 








 This Give Thanks chalkboard is directly in front of you as you head down the steps to the playroom. I originally had the Bible verse from Joshua 25:15 which says, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."  I saw this Give Thanks drawing on Pinterest, of course so I had to try my hand at it.

Once in the living room, my tv cabinet is topped with popcorn seed candles, gourds, pumpkins, cornucopia, wheat and more goodies.



The end tables beside the couch have more acorns, nuts, and pumpkins and even a cute owl candle from World Market.

The dining room is also filled with goodies. It has a fall subway print, fall pictures and a cute little crow hiding among some floral in a silver vase.






My favorite right now is of course the downstairs fire place.
 It has my homemade autumn banner and gourds and pumpkins on top. 
 

So that's the end of the tour for my little tudor home. Only a few more days to enjoy this before it all comes down and I get to redecorate with all my Christmas goodies. I'll have to do another blog post about those sweet things. Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.



No comments: