Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ethan's 10th birthday

I realized that I did not post about Ethan's birthday on the blog. Sorry! I posted it on Facebook and forgot about my little 6TNHills.

Ethan turned 10 this year. I taught him the phrase double digits so he went around telling everyone that he was "double digits."

Jason and I surprised him with a Razor electric scooter. He was so surprised. He squealed with delight. Since his birthday fell on a school day, we continued our Hill Academy tradition of not doing school on anyone's birthday including the teacher.

It was a beautiful and warm day with a high of 72. He got to ride his scooter all day. We even went to the YMCA West Hills park near the house and rode it there with me riding my new Trek bicycle beside him. Jason and the other kids played in the middle of the park. Andrew even took a turn on my bike and rode the loop around the park with Ethan riding his scooter right beside him.

We picked up a Bruster's ice cream and oreo cake that's still in my freezer two weeks later. It was so big that even the 4 kids couldn't gobble it up super fast.

It was a pretty low key birthday but he had fun and felt special all the same.









No comments: