Friday, January 04, 2013

Buffett table

Since completing the Arrow of Light plaques, I have the woodworking "bug". Jason gave me Ana White's "The Handbuilt Home" book for Christmas. I devoured the book over the break and we started and finished our first project. It's a side buffet table for my dining room.

It was harder than I expected mostly because we needed a compound mitre saw that would cut a double bevel at 5%. Jason figured it all out for me and borrowed a saw from a friend. I am a little disappointed that I wasn't able to do it all myself but I guess that will change as I practice more.

I am happy with the finished result. We hosted our first dinner party last night and it was a great place to set all the yummy desserts that 10 adults and 17 kids devoured.

My next project? I guess I'll go finish the kitchen cabinets. That should keep me busy for a while. We almost finished the first one. Jason put it up for the party. We just need to add the pull handle back on. Doesn't it look so much better? It helps to see the before and after side by side. It adds some much needed character to my very blah kitchen.





No comments: