Friday, January 11, 2013

Caleb's PE class

With Caleb's 5th birthday in just 4 days, he was allowed to join our homeschool PE co-op class early. This was such a big day for him. You see, when we started going to PE every Wednesday, Caleb was an infant. I carried him in to the gym in his car seat. Hannah and Caleb would sit with me on the gym bleachers watching a 2nd grade Andrew and a little kindergartner, Ethan run and play. That was 2008.

We have officially been going for 5 years. The PE teacher, Ms. Beth has literally watched Caleb grow up. Fast forward to 2013 and Caleb is now the youngest in the class enjoying a good game of Pac-man or Dodgeball. He was so cute running laps around the gym during the warm ups. The funniest part was hearing him say that his thigh muscles were sore on Thursday. That's from the game called "Survivor" that they played. It was a game with lots of jumping and running.

I have a love/hate relationship with PE. It's so good for the kids to do every week but it's so boring for me. We are there from 9-11:15 because the kids are split into two classes. Normally I read on the bleachers but after two hours on those hard seats my body is screaming at me to go home. Oh well, that's a sacrifice I will have to make. It is well worth it.

No comments: