Friday, May 10, 2013

Cub Scout Family Camping Trip

Ethan's Cub Scout Pack had their spring family camping trip in April to Big South Fork National Park.  The whole weekend was free for everyone!  Food included.  It was planned to celebrate the boys' successful popcorn selling fundraiser in the fall.   The food was delicious!  Not just your hotdogs and s'mores but complete meals with even homemade cobblers one night.  

It wasn't the exact place I wanted to celebrate my birthday but we did have fun.  Georgia went camping with us too.  The temps dropped in the 30's at night and we woke to a shivering, teeth chattering dog.  Jason covered her with an orange blanket to keep her warm.  That's how she slept.  That morning, she climbed up on my cot with me under my sleeping bag and snuggled until she stopped shaking.  It was too cute and sad at the same time.  

Ethan earned lots of badges that weekend.  He's almost done with his Arrow of Light requirements now too.  



No comments: