Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Bathroom Remodel

Two areas in my house that never got a full remodel after we moved in was the downstairs' bathroom and laundry room. With the thought of putting the house on the market this spring, it was time for some demo.

The bathroom closet had this awful 1970's wallpaper that was almost R rated. There wasn't even a shower or tub in there but someone felt this paper was pretty cool to put in anyway. Can you imagine looking at a full wall of that stuff? Check out the lady. Scary!

 I also found the wallpaper in a closet under the stairs when we moved in but I took it out years ago. Between raising kids, pets, homeschooling and activities, I never got around to fully removing the wallpaper. Mostly it was covered up by all my Rubbermaid boxes so it didn't bother me. Now that I see it, I cannot believe that I didn't remove it earlier.

We added new flooring, vanity, and a planked wall.  I always wanted a planked wall bathroom and Jason agreed to try it. With the help of his friend Mark who is a full time carpenter/contractor, they knocked out that wall in no time. The bathroom still has some work left to do on it. We have to rehang the mirror, hand towel rack, and toilet paper holder. We need to finish the closet and lastly add accessories. I just had to show the pictures of what's been accomplished so far because it's a world of difference, don't you think?

No comments: