Friday, September 23, 2011

Ethan's new quilt

I scored again on finding a GREAT deal on Craigslist. I have been watching this Pottery Barn Kids quilt and sham for months. It was originally offered at $90 but I talked the seller down to $65. Not bad for little ole me who hates to negotiate. Jason keeps encouraging me to low ball offers and see where I get. This was by far my easiest negotiation. I left the message on the seller's answering machine. I thought she wasn't interested because she didn't call back for a few days. Then she called late one night over the weekend and said yes, and she'd meet me at the mall the very next day. The best part was that it was already monogrammed with Ethan's name on it! How cool!



Ethan really needed a new quilt. The one he had was sun bleached and had holes in it where he ripped the buttons off when he was a toddler. He had had it for 6 years but it looked much older than that. So now he get a better quilt that should last for many more years than my Target ones.

No comments: