Sunday, September 11, 2011

My next project

After seeing this picture of a homemade bench made out of a wood pallet, I decided that this will be my next fall project. A nice coat of paint on it though would look better or maybe staining it instead. The brick walkway is in, the backyard is getting its mini-makeover, and it's time to address seating. Jason has access to free wood pallets so I'm game for this project.

As normal, I'll start it and get in over my head and Jason will have to step in to finish and fix my mistakes. But I'm determined it WILL get done and we'll have a few new places to sit and roast marshmallows around the fire pit. Unfortunately, we need a new firepit. The old one rotted a huge hole in the bottom and had to be thrown away but Jason's got a homemade remedy for that. We are definitely DIYers. Anything to save a few bucks.


Picture from "A Cherry Blossom Kind of Life" blog

No comments: