Friday, September 07, 2012

Georgia, the digger

Georgia, our outdoor dog greeted me one morning with a gift, a dug up azalea bush.  Actually it wasn't a gift for me at all, she wouldn't give it up for the world.  Obviously, this dog had gotten bored one morning.  Imagine opening the french door blinds to see your lab holding your freshly planted azalea bush in her mouth like a bone.  I screamed!

I had recently moved three azalea bushes for the north side of my house to the backyard.  I made a new flower bed around a big tree in the backyard.  The azalea bushes were not growing well where they were because of a lack of sunlight. The backyard was the perfect alternative.  They were not planted in a location where she sleeps and I was surprised to see her even interested in it.  Georgia typically goes after chew toys from the wood pile not a live plant dug in the ground.  I guess I need to send the kids back there more often to play with her and buy some new chew toys for her too.  

No comments: