Friday, September 07, 2012

Caleb's 1st text message

All the kids have learned how to text Jason recently.  It started as a way to say a quick hello to him while he's at work.  Caleb ask to send him a message too one day.  Being 4 years old, he does not know how to read, write or spell.  He has a few sight words that he does know how to spell.  They are not your normal ones like cat, dad or mom.  They are names to computer games like Minecraft and Roblox.  Yes, these are the first two words he learned how to spell!  He's definitely part of a generation that is tech savvy.

Here is what he typed. I was shocked that he knew how to use the shift key to capitalize and that he knew how to spell our names. It was my eye opener. He went on to type lots of other words to Jason that I had no clue he knew how to spell.  He doesn't officially start kindergarten until Fall 2013 but seeing this changed my mind. He is now doing a 'little school"  with me daily.  I have planned a daily group of school activities for him to do and am starting to teach him how to read and write a little earlier since obviously he is ready.

No comments: