Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pinterest Project: Welcome Banner


Etsy version to buy as seen on Pinterest
I found this great welcome banner and Scout decorations a few weeks ago on Pinterest. I looked at it often determining if I could really make something comparable. My first use for the banner would be at the Boy Scouts' Court of Honors. A Court of Honor is a formal award ceremony celebrated twice a year for the Boy Scouts when they are awarded their merit badges and new rank badges. The troop we are in just completed one last week. After the ceremony, all the Scouts and families sat down to a potluck dinner in the church's reception hall. My desire is to make these little pot holders with all the characteristics that Scouts should be to decorate all the food tables with. The welcome banner could be draped at the entrance door or on a table. Last night, our troop held a fall party for some future scouts. With new Scouts visiting the troop, I felt that this was a perfect time to make and use the welcome banner at the sign in table. It was the easiest craft I have ever done. I was finished in under 30 minutes and it looks GREAT! I even made one with their troop numbers on it.
My homemade welcome banner

No comments: