Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pine Wood Derby 2013


Ethan's Cub Scout Pine Wood Derby race was a success! I volunteered to be on the parent planning committee this year and boy did they keep me busy. From making the stadium, to putting together the track and chairs to baking snacks, it was all worth it. Funny thing, with all the race day excitement and work to be completed,  I never got a picture of my Cub Scout in his uniform with his car. I only got pictures of his siblings and the derby itself. Ethan, Hannah and Caleb's cars all did well but did not place first in the pack. They did have fun though and have some great derby cars to show for it.
3 Musketeers race cars that Ethan made for the scouts.
The concession's table that my kids helped make.
The stadium that Jason and I helped the leaders build.  It holds the cars during the race.


Hannah with her red #7 car all check in and ready to race.
Caleb with his blue with white stripes race car.

Andrew taking about the benefits to being a Boy Scout.


Ethan's red race car getting ready to race. 

First year with the race shown on the "Jumbotron".






No comments: